Sunday, July 27, 2008

Does life imitate art, or vice versa?

I'm sure you've heard the saying that life imitates art. I've always wondered about that. What about art imitating life?

For me, writing usually has a sense of truth and/or reality to it... even if it's fiction and something completely off the wall. There will always be a piece of the writer in their work. Most of a work of fiction will simply be the author's imagination, but where do these thoughts come from? What about that explicit sex scene? Or that love of a pet? Certain things will be from the author's own experience and therefore, art is imitating life. Right?

For those of you who have read my books, you may be interested to know that there are parts of my stories that are true to me. There are thoughts, feelings, and/or actual events that have really happened in my life. For obvious reasons, I won't reveal what's true and what's simply fiction, but my life isn't always as boring as it seems to be. LOL!

Anyway, just thought I'd ramble today. I just found this topic interesting. :-)

I hope everyone has a great week. I only have 9 more days until the girls go back to school. YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%, Christie! Art does imitate life and I'm ready for kids to go back to school. Hope life's treating you well!

    Hugs!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete