Monday, August 25, 2008

I may not feel like it, but I'm still here

Last Monday, my middle daughter came home from school with a case of the "it's-a-new-school-year" sniffles. It happens every year during the first month of school. For some reason, when you throw hundreds of children into a school building, even in the hottest part of summer, there will ultimately be an illness to soon follow.

So she came home with the sniffles and promptly passed it on to the three year old. The youngest, of course, doesn't realize the strength of her own coughs and sneezes when they are happening right in mommy's face, and ultimately passes it on to me. So Thursday, I began to have that little itchy/tingly feeling in the back of my throat. You know the one--the feeling that tells you not to make any plans for the weekend cause they ain't happenin'!

Thursday night I went to bed at 11:30pm, knowing I would feel bad the next day, but it shouldn't be too bad. Well, I was wrong. The 3yr old decided it would be a good night to wake up 15 times to go potty, cough, talk, beg for food, and cry to watch tv at 3am. I got a solid 3 1/2 hours of sleep that night.

By 5am I'd said "screw it!" and got out of bed for the day. I felt awful! By the end of Friday I felt worse than awful. I was sooooo sick. When Saturday rolled around (after me dosing up on cold meds and sleeping for 12 hours) the sickness part was much better, but I had a migraine. I'd rather be sick than have a migraine.

The migraine lasted until Sunday night, so basically my whole weekend was shot to hell in a handbasket. But at least I'm feeling better now and ready to get back to work. Whew!

I have four chapters left to write this week and then the big edit-fest begins. Edits, rewrites, rereads, more edits, another reread, etc, etc, etc. September will be a busy month.

Today I finished up the book trailer for A Twilight Abduction, but I can't show you yet because it has the book cover in it, and I don't want to release the book cover until Sept 3rd. So, I guess that will have to wait until then. But no worries, I'll post the book trailer here (and everywhere else, lol) when the time comes.

Ok, that's all of my pointless rambling for today. If you aren't too bored of me, stop by and check out my entry on the LTTM blog today. It's all about the loveliness of a brand new week!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment