Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's Saturday? Wow, that was fast!

Good afternoon all. It's been a busy day around here. We're still out of town, and we certainly kept busy all day. It's fifteen miutes before 5pm and this is the first moment I've had to get on here to post

We started out the morning at 7am. Everyone got ready and we went downstairs for the breakfast buffet here in the hotel. Then we headed out to a nature trail that is just gorgeous. Tim and I had been there a few times over the years, but the last time was when the oldest was little. Soooo, we took the girls and everyone loved it. Unfortunately, with us being up in the mountains, my hair went frizzy and flat as soon as the cloudy mist started falling. Every sprinkle of dried hairspray simply dissolved in a matter of minutes. LOL!

We went early because I figured we'd be able to see more deer... and I was right! We saw about four dozen over the course of our drive. Not to mention wild geese and turkeys. We were so close to a few of the deer that Tim was taking pics with his camera phone. LOL! Here's one from my digital camera though.....





We walked through several old houses, a country store, a mill that grinds cornmeal, and loads of landscape with a flowing river and waterfalls. It was nice. Here's a good view that I caught....





It was a lot of fun and the girls were amazed by it all.



After we got back to civilization, we had lunch out, came back to the hotel, and then hit the pool. LOL. We spent 3 hours in the pool before I finally had to drag them all back to the room.





Yesterday we did some shopping in the next town over. One shop was having a heck of a sale and Tim & I picked up a beautiful candle holder set that will match perfectly with our red and black bedroom. It was a $30 set, marked down to only $8! I couldn't pass it up.

Here's a shot of the girls during our shopping...



Well, I promised you pictures today, and I gave you pictures today. LOL! We've had a great time for our anniversary. Granted, it would have been nicer to have Tim all to myself for four days so that I can have my way with him anytime, but it has been a nice family trip with a lot less fussing from the children than we usually endure when we take these trips. LOL!

In the morning we will have breakfast here and then head back toward home. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive, so it's not bad. We'll be home by lunchtime. Then I have four days of laundry to do. Blah! Laundry never ends, does it?

I hope you're all having a good weekend. :-)

.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!!! I LOVE that fountain too, I'm pretty sure I've got pictures of my kids sitting on it too.

    Glad to hear you're having a good time & the kids are enjoying the trip too.

    ReplyDelete