Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Morning in Christie's Wet World!

Good Monday morning all! I woke up to yet another wet morning. I do see some blue skies peeking through, so hopefully the day will turn out pretty anyway. *Fingers Crossed*

So far this morning I've washed 2 loads of laundry, took the kids to school, had breakfast with the youngest, and texted with Tim. I need to wash the sheets, clean the ceiling fans, make some phone calls, do some writing, and figure out what I'm going to make for dinner tonight (need time to thaw something).

Ooohhh, speaking of writing!! Over the weekend, I finally discovered the ending to Time For Death!! FINALLY! It has taken sooooo long for the ending to come to me. Usually my stories flow out fairly quickly, but this one has been dragging its feet on me. Finally, Liz has decided that her story can end. I'm soooo looking forward to getting this story finished so that I can move on to the next one. I have so many projects in the works right now, but I like to finish one completely before finishing the next. I work best that way.

So anyway, Liz has finally finished her adventure with Marcus. Now I have to go back and hit the editing schedule hard. Edits take almost as long as the actual book writing. However, I think edits are easier than the first draft because you're not coming up with a brand new story. You're just fixing, changing, adding, deleting from the one you've already written.

Nonetheless, Time For Death has an ending and I'm thrilled to pieces about it. Tim seems pretty happy about it as well, since that means he won't have to hear me complain about fictional characters not dong what I'm telling them to do. LOL! It's a good thing he loves me so much, or else he'd probably think I'd gone crazy all these months. LOL! Luckily, he understands my creative process an just lets me work through it in my own way... even if that means him listening to me bitch about people who don't exist outside my imagination. LOL.

Okay then, I better get busy for today. I always have so much work to do and so little time each day to do it all in. So no lolly-gagging about for me! I hope that you have a fabulous day and that the sun shines brightly on your life.

To all the moms, I hope that you had a great Mother's Day yesterday and that you were shown just how much you're loved. :-)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment