Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday. The last day of May 2009.

Wow, where did May go? I can't believe that tomorrow will be June 1st. Half the year is almost over. Sheesh!

Well, let me see. This past week... the girls' last day of school was Wednesday. That night the oldest came down with whatever the other two had already been dealing with. She was sick for Wednesday and Thursday, but all better by Friday. We just hung out at home Thursday anyway. I let them watch movies and lay around all day for their first day of summer break.

Friday, Tim was home, the girls were home, and we didn't have anywhere to go until later in the afternoon. Sooooo, we all slept until 8 a.m. and it was nice. After lunchtime I had to go to the bank, went shopping with my sister, dropped the kids off to spend the night with my mom, and then Tim and I went out to do our grocery shopping.

We came home with about a month's worth of groceries. Makes for a HUGE shopping trip, but keeps me from having to get so much from week to week.

After that, Tim and I enjoyed a peaceful night alone. I love that my mom takes the girls every other Friday night. Gives us that alone time to look forward to twice a month. :-) Thanks Mom! *Smooches*

Yesterday, we spent the morning cleaning the pool, putting chemicals in, and making sure it was warm enough for usage. Mom brought the girls home a little before lunch and they were chomping at the bit to go swimming. However, everyone had to wait for the chemicals to settle down first. I knew it woul be late afternoon before they'd get to play.

We cleaned house, mowed the grass, checked on the garden, discovered two tomato plants on my flower bed from last year. That was a nice surprise, especially since one is about to bloom. I hate tomatoes, but Tim and the youngest love eating them... so I plant them.

It was about 3:30 p.m. when I finally told the kids to get their suits on and headed out to the pool. We played until after 5 and then came in to start dinner.

Tim had a whole seafood dinner planned last night. We got hooked on this meal the first time we ate it while on vacation on Tybee Island. Boiled shrimp, crab legs, corn on the cob, red potatoes, and smoked sausage. I'd never had smoked sausage with shrimp until then and it's sooooo good! So we commenced all of our cooking and enjoyed a feast about 45mins later.

Today we visited the in-laws, had lunch with them, and then came back home. The girls basically walked in the front door, put their suits on, and walked out the back door to the pool. LOL! They've been out there for the last 2 hours now. Tim is watching a Nascar race and I'm listening to my mp3 player and getting some writing done.

It's been quite the peaceful Sunday so far. I've gotten about 2,000 words written so far (not including this blog entry, lol) and the girls seem to be having a good time. I can see them from my window here where I'm writing. The youngest will run in every so often and need to potty, but the other two are jumping and splashing around.

Tonight Tim is going to grill BBQ chicken for dinner. Gosh, I'm going to have to stop eating during the day if he's going to keep feeding me so well throughout the warm months of summer. LOL! I normally eat like a bird in the summer, even forgetting to eat meals or just scavanging for cheese and crackers many days, but with him home cooking for me... hell, I can forget about losing those 16lbs I want to lose before vacation. LOL! Maybe I'll burn it all off in the pool. A girl can hope right? Guess I'll have to jack up my workout routine to make up for it all.

Okay, that's enough of a break for now. I must return to my book writing. These books don't write themselves, you know! ;-)

Before I go, I'm still aiming for 1 million pageviews on AC. I'm at 861,000+ right now, so stop by and see if you can help boost it for me. http://www.associatedcontent.com/christiesilvers Just choose an article (or five) and do a little reading. Reading is something everyone should do. ;-)

Lastly, I finished my June newsletter yesterday. It'll go out on Wednesday, so if you aren't subscribed and would like to be, now's the time to sign up. Join Christie's Monthly Newsletter

That's it! So long, farewell, have a great new week. :-)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment