Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wanna Know Wednesday #27

Good morning all! Welcome to Hump Day. What do you have planned for today?

Well, I'm happy to announce that my very first article for the new company that accepted me the other day was accepted within 24hrs with absolutely no rewrites requested. Woohoo!!! I was so happy yesterday that Tim was snickering at me for it. LOL. Seriously though, when you start working for a new company who has more rules and requirements than you're use to, it's a great thing to know that your work is up to par. I harped over every word in that article. Yay!

Article #2 is waiting to be reviewed by the copy editor right now. *Fingers crossed*

So I've decided to make a change. I've been working on Time For Death for almost a year now. Well, if you can call it working when I've only edited the first 3 chapters. I've been really wanting to work on Promise of Darkness, but hate leaving one project by the wayside to work on another one. I'm a finish one before starting the next type of gal...usually.

However, I'm in a different place than I was a year ago. I want to work on the erotica story NOW. Therefore, Time For Death is being placed on the back burner until I'm done with Promise of Darkness. This may end up being the point where I decide to go for more erotica writing instead of general paranormal fiction in the future, but who knows. I did so love writing the sex/love scenes in my Alex & Fiona books. Those were my favorite scenes!

As a writer you have to know when to make a change. You can't just stick to what you always write. Sometimes you need to come out of that comfort zone and try something new. You never know where it'll take you. So here I am, making a change, moving in a new direction and stepping out of my comfort zone when it comes to unfinished projects. Ack!

I'm sorry Liz. You'll have to wait. I know we have more stories planned after Time For Death, but Promise of Darkness is calling to me even louder than you do. Your first story is done, it's just not edited. Give me a few months and maybe I'll come back to edit you. For now I need to focus on a more steamy, sexy, lustful story.

Okay, now that I'm done talking to imaginary people (though I think of them as real), let me get to this week's Wanna Know Wednesday! With the first day of school less than 1 month away now, we've decided to enjoy the last few weeks. So here are............

10 More Things We'll Do Before School Starts
  1. Take the girls fishing.
  2. We have a short trip to Pigeon Forge planned at the end of the month to visit WonderWorks and the Dixie Stampede. What better than FREE tickets to get you going. LOL.
  3. We plan to take the girls to the science museum down in Cartersville. It's been open a while, and we've wanted to visit, but Tim never had time. Now he has lots of time. LOL.
  4. A visit to the Tennessee Aquarium. We haven't been since I was pregnant with Kaitlyn (hey Megan!! *waves*), so she's never seen it. And we haven't been to the "new" section they built years ago. LOL.
  5. We're thinking about a visit to the Atlanta Zoo. We went when the older two were very small (ages 5 and 2), so they don't remember it and Kaitlyn has never been.
  6. Lots more swimming in the pool. The girls discovered a hole in one of the filter hoses Sunday, so the pool is out of commission this week. We'll fix that this coming weekend.
  7. Lots more grilled dinners. I love when Tim cooks for me.
  8. More library visits. The girls absolutely love spending time at the library, and I couldn't be happier about that.
  9. Yard work. Yes, the girls have to help. The youngest likes being outside, but the older two complain. LOL.
  10. Just enjoy the last days of summer vacation. A week ago I was wishing the girls were back in school. They were suppose to be. But now I'm actually glad for this extra month so we can go do all these fun things with them and make new memories. It should be lots of fun!

Okay, that's it for today. So sorry I missed posting yesterday, but with Tim home the days just fly by. We sleep late, hang out, I've been working on articles, and then the next thing you know it's dinnertime. LOL. Anyway, here you go and I hope you have a great day! *Smooches*

No comments:

Post a Comment