Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wanna Know Wednesday #33


Good morning everyone.  You'll never believe it, but we actually had sunshine yesterday! The afternoon was dry, warm, and sunny.  Woohoo!  Tim and I took full advantage of it by grilling out boneless chicken breasts for dinner.  It was great.

Well, it happened.  The oldest, who begged me and begged me to let her ride the school bus, has now decided that she's not having fun (though I told her ahead of time she wouldn't) and she wants me to pick her up today. LOL!  Looks like my after school routine just got longer with an extra trip. Oh well, we do what we have to.

So yesterday I managed to write three articles, my last three for the week.  I submitted the last one just minutes before having to walk out the door for pick-up time.  I also managed do three loads of laundry, vacuum, take phone calls, and do the normal everyday meals, childcare, attention giving stuff.  :-)  It was a busy day.

Today I'm going to work on some rewrites of Time For Death.  Well, rewrites for chapter 13 anyway.  I'll be adding an entirely new chapter there, thus moving all the rest up a level.  I had to explain to Tim that I can't move forward with edits until I get his new chapter added.  He didn't understand at first that I can't very well edit chapters after the new chapter until I get the new chapter done and can make subsequent changes to that effect throughout the rest of the book.  Does that make sense to anyone besides me?  LOL!

It's Wednesday, and that means it's time for the 32nd edition of Wanna Know Wednesday.  For all the new readers here on Christie's Thoughts, I started doing this every Wednesday to just share 10 rambling, random tid-bits about myself and my life.  I really never know from week to week what the next edition will consist of, so you get what you get.  Without delay, here's this week's topic...

10 Of My Favorite Desserts (in no particular order)
  1. Cheesecake.  Oh boy, I don't care what kind it is, I love cheesecake.  Don't eat it often, but definitely LOVE it.
  2. Chocolate pudding.  I really enjoy the Fat Free Jello pudding kind.  Yum!
  3. Fat Free Cool Whip.  Yes, I know it's just a topping, but it's goooood.
  4. Cherry Garcia ice cream from Ben & Jerry's.  With chucks of chocolate and cherries, what's not to love?
  5. Oreo Blizzards.
  6. A good fruit salad with oranges, apples, lemon juice, coconut shavings, walnuts, and grapes.  My mom calls it Ambrosia.
  7. Smart Ones Double Fudge Cake.  I actually like several of their desserts, but this is my favorite.
  8. Yoplait Whips yogurt.  They are so light and fluffy.
  9. Banana Pudding.  I use Fat Free pudding and real bananas, too!
  10. Coconut Cake. I haven't had it in ages, and it's especially, super, duper fattening (thus why I haven't have it in ages), but my mom makes the best coconut cake ever.  I refuse to get the recipe though.  I'd be making it all the time and completely ruin the 100+ pounds I lost after our youngest was born.  LOL!
Okay, I'm off. I need to take the kids to school and then stop by the grocery store for one of those middle-of-the-week-we-just-ran-out-of-bread trips.  Have a great day!



*Photo Credit: Christie Silvers, Dec. 2007*

No comments:

Post a Comment