Monday, November 2, 2009

Good Monday Morning

Welcome to another new week.  Did you know that each new week provides you with a fresh start, a new chance at potential growth?  New weeks are fabulous!  I enjoy the opportunity at starting anew.  :-)

This morning I also enjoyed the time change and being able to actually SEE when I took the girls to school.  Not having to drive in the dark helps wake me up sooner too.  I like this time of the year for just that reason. 

Yesterday I managed to get 1,730 words written for my NaNoWriMo novel.  And that was only half of chapter one.  LOL.  Today I'll finish that chapter and reach today's word count goal.  Some people go wild during this time of the year.  It's like the only thing they can see is the story they're working on.  The world around them fades away. 

As much as I'd like to focus solely on my work, that's just not an option for me.  I have the kids, Tim, family, friends, and I'm able to keep a clean house and make homemade meals.  LOL.  NaNoWriMo doesn't have to control your entire life for these 30 days.  You just need to know how to set time aside for your story without your story taking over your life.

On a different subject, I just want to wish my dad a happy birthday.  Today he would have been 51 years old.  In only a few short months he'll be gone for 7 years.  I miss him terribly and hope he sees how great his granddaughters are and how fast they're growing.

Okay, I'm off.  Next on my work list is Liz's story.  She's always happy to see me when I open up her computer file.  Right now she's sitting in an office, dealing with paperwork, and being very pissed by the attitude of her "friend" Rick.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment