Sunday, November 29, 2009

Waking up a winner.


Good morning everyone.  I hope you're waking up to a wonderful day.  I went to bed and woke up this morning as a winner of NaNoWriMo.  I'm soooooo grateful that November is officially over for me now.  It's time to get back to my normal writing routine, and to tear what I've written over the last month to complete shreds.

Yep, I'm ready to dig in, tear it apart, throwit in the trash, shake it until it pukes, and just rip it to shreds.  And I'll be so happy to do so!

I'm ready to take a deep breath, sit back, and decide what lives and dies in this story, while also finishing it.  Hopefully it won't take me more than a few months to get it up to par, but we'll see.  However, for the next month I will not be focusing on this story.  I'll instead be sending Time For Death out for judgement.  I want to get it out there into the world so that I can come back to book 2 and focus only on it. 

There's nothing better than working on book 2 while waiting to hear back about book 1.  It helps keep your mind off the long days and nights of waiting for emails and snail mails arrive.  All while visions of great contracts and people loving your manuscript dance through your head.  Oh, wait.  That's Christmas stuff...

Anyway, before I start my day I just wanted to celerate that November is over, NaNo is over, and my story needs to be torn apart at the seams.  Yay!  LOL.

Happy Sunday!


3 comments:

  1. congratulations my dear but WHAT is NanoWriMo??? I'm lost. Yay for getting your Time For Death out. Good for you!!
    Happy December :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge feat to write so much in such a short time. I've heard of friends trying it over the years. Hats off to those who can do it!

    So many congrats on the win! That is most awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It stands for National Novel Writing Month. November is reserved for those of us crazy enough to attempt to write at least 50,000 words in only 30 days.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete