Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wanna Know Wednesday #41

Good morning. It's another cloudy day here in north Georgia.  Yesterday was quite dreary, but tolerable  suppose.  We had a day at home where I cleaned and just had an easy-going day.  Then after the kids got home fro school we went to visit Tim's mom.  She's in a regular room and the doctors are talking about sending her home on Friday.  We'll see how that goes.

On the way to the hospital, Tim pointed out some vehicles he pines over.  He's always quite vocal about the things he wants, but will most likely not have.  You know, we all have those desires, but we know that a $100,000 car is generally out of the budget for most of us.  Me, well I'm not as vocal about my nonsensical desires as he is, but I did mention that I, too, would like many things. 

Some of my wants are tangible, and will happen.  While others are pure fantasy.  Nonetheless, here is my top ten list that I recited when he asked, "And what do you want?"

  1. A new car.
  2. A bigger house.
  3. The body I had when I was 16 (yeah right!).
  4. Firmer boobs (goes along with that16yr old, pre-childbirth body).
  5. An e-book reader (currently saving for this one).
  6. For him to surprise me with shiny gifts from time to time (never gonna happen).
  7. My own deserted island.  I'd live so happily away from people as long as I had internet & cell service.
  8. New carpet for the house.
  9. A bigger laundry room.
  10. A new set of living room furniture.

See?  Some are plausible, some will happen, and others are pure fantasy.  Nevertheless, we're all allowed to dream, want, desire things.  We all just need to know when our wants are simply something we fancy and when they're something we can work hard to obtain.  And no, Tim will never get one of those $100,000 cars.  Even if I had that kind of money I refuse to spend more money on a car than we paid for our house.

So anyway, it's Hump Day and I'll be hanging out here at home for most of the day.  I have the second load of laundry in the washer and need to do two days of writing for my NaNo novel (since visiting his mom screwed up my schedule yesterday).

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment