Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wanna Know Wednesday #47: The day my oldest was born.


Today is my oldest daughter's 13th birthday.  I can't believe she's already 13.  The years seem to have flown by.

The kids have been at my sister's house since Monday, so it was easy enough to get up this morning and get straight to work on the party preparations.  I had two pizzas, a bowl of punch, and one 2-layer chocolate cake ready and waiting by the time everybody arrived at noon.

I'd already given her the birthday gifts from me (we went to see New Moon & move her into her own bedroom).  My sister is taking her shopping tomorrow for some of those fur lined bookts all the kids are wearing these days.  My mom gave her a gold necklace and earrings.  And the in-laws gave her a Wal-mart gift card to spend.  That's definitely a good stash of birthday gifts for someone who has one only 5 days after Christmas.  LOL!

After the party was over, I helped set her up both a Facebook and a MySpace page.  Both sites require users to be 13 or older, and even though a lot of parents don't follow the rules and allow their young children on anyway, that doesn't fly with me.  I required that she actually be 13 before allowing her to have those pages AND I have them locked down tight.  She's perfectly fine with that, just as long as she has them.  LOL.

Today's Wanna Know Wednesday is all about my oldest baby girl....

10 Tidbits About Cassandra
  1. She was a bald baby.
  2. She has eyes that change from blue to green depending on what she's wearing.
  3. Her hair is straight as a board now, but had lovely blonde ringlets as a toddler.
  4. She has glasses because she's afraid to try contacts.
  5. She doesn't like bananas.  Not because she thinks they taste bad, but because she ended up with a stomach bug several years ago after eating one and blames it on the bananas.  LOL!
  6. She and Tim have the exact same temper.  Ugh!
  7. She's only 5 inches shorter than me, and will probably be taller than me as an adult.
  8. She takes longer showers than anyone else in the house.
  9. She wants her own cell phone, but probably won't get one until her next birthday.
  10. She is a smart girl who loves to read, write, and watch movies.  She comes by it all naturally, and that makes me a very proud mom. :-)

That's it for today.  I have laundry to do and a kitchen to clean up.  My entries will go back to nearly every day once the kids are back in school next week.  I'm looking forward to the brand new year and all of it's wonderful potential!


No comments:

Post a Comment