Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wanna Know Wednesday #48: Back to school

Happy Hump Day!  Today my work week begins.  It'll be a short one, but at least the kids are back to school.  It's still bitterly cold here, definitely un-Georgia-like. 

We're still being warned about Thursday snow fall, and the possibility of a lot of ice for Friday.  However, they keep moving the snow further into the day.  It was suppose to hit at 7am, then noon, and now they're saying between noon and 5pm.  Who knows what'll happen?  It may just rain, but with the low temperatures that'll turn to ice, making for a much more dangerous condition than the snow.  I guess it's all a wait and see game when it comes to any type of weather.

Okay, so now it's time for this week's Wanna Know Wednesday.  Only four more of these left after today.  Since the kids went back to school, today's is about what I'm doing or will be doing in their absence. :-)

10 Things I'm Doing Today
  1. Enjoying a lot more quiet.
  2. Spending one-on-one time with the 4yr old.
  3. Getting back to my writing.  Yay!
  4. Making a bank deposit without hearing someone say they're bored.
  5. Not watching a newly 13yr old sulk because I wouldn't let her stay home while I made the bank deposit.
  6. Writing this blog entry without interruption.
  7. Only making breakfast & lunch for one child instead of three, and not hearing complaints about what I make.
  8. Being able to have a conversation with anyone,
  9. Reading a book. I haven't had time since school let out 2 wks ago.
  10. Enjoying an hour of alone time while waiting in the pick-up line at school.  This is when I do my book reading. :-)
Before I go, just a reminder that my monthly newsletter went out this morning.  Everyone subscribed should have received it successfully.  I hope you enjoy it, and feel free to forward it to anyone you think would be interested in it.

That's it for this morning.  Time for me to go do some article research.  I have three articles to write this week and then it's novel time.  Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment