Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow again? Really?

Why must Mother Nature torture me so?  Why is there all this white stuff covering the ground, vehicles, porch?  This is nonsense!  Ugh!

Here in north Georgia we somehow accomplished a snow accumulation of around 2-3 inches (just going by what's on my front porch).  I don't know why, but I do know that I don't like it one little bit.  "I have plans," she screams skyward.  "I don't want anymore winter!"

Yes, yes, I've mentioned that snow is pretty.  And yes, I was probably excited about that first snow of the season, weeks and weeks ago.  But now, I'm downright, utterly, extremely sick and tired of all this cold, mushy, dreary weather.  Not only that, but this new batch of snow is really putting a kink in our plans to go out of town next week.

If this mess isn't all out of here by tomorrow we'll have to cancel our reservations at the camp ground.  :-(

On the upside, before the snow started yesterday we waved good-bye to my van as it was hauled away by a tow truck and taken to the mechanic.  Yay!  I can't wait to get her back.  The only thing I'll miss from driving Tim's car around are his huge speakers.  I can listen to my music the way it was intended to be listened to... LOUD!  Oh well, I'll trade thumping speakers for space and comfort any day.  :-)

Today, well, I don't know what I'll be doing today.  I had planned to do some camper cleaning and packing, but there's still a lot of snow out there.  Burrrr!  I do know that we'll go out to pick the kids up from my mom's around noon.  I have some errands to run, but don't know if we'll get to them in this mess.  Overall, it's a day of whatever happens happens. 

A little update on Time For Death:  There is this literary agency that's been my top pick for a while now.  I've been putting of submitting a query to them for a while.  No one likes rejection, but that's part of a writer's life.  Nonetheless, I put off submitting because of the fear of being rejected by my to choice... kind of like college choices.  However, I finally broke down and submitted to them.  You can't find success by sitting back in fear or uncertainty.  If you don't try, you'll never have the chance to succeed.

So I queried my favorite agency, hit the send button on that e-mail, jumped off a cliff in hopes of hitting water instead of concrete.  I told Tim, "There's no taking it back now."  And now I wait... 

Like I told someone the other day, "In this game, you wait for them.  They don't cater to you.  You'll hear from them when they get good and ready for you to hear from them."  We writers must be patient and try our hardest to resist the temptation to obsess.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Okay, that's it this morning.  I suppose I should go do something.  Bah, humbug to winter!  Try to stay warm if you're dealing with this nastiness too. 

2 comments:

  1. AWWW.. Christie, the Snow isn't that bad... I should know I live in Indiana... we are suppose to get some more tonight into tomorrow, another 2 to 3 inches on top of what we already have... wink... I hope you get to go on your trip and have a great time with your family... I don't even think about camping(we don't) until mid May...LOL.. Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. But you're use to this sort of nastiness. I live in Georgia! Blech!

    ReplyDelete