Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's that day already?!

Today is a big day in my household.  It's only Thursday to most of you out there, but for us it's Kindergarten Sign-Up Day!  Our youngest is so excited for today to finally be here.  She turned 5 in January and is in such a rush to start school like her sisters.  I, on the other hand, simply can't believe my baby is old enough for kindergarten already.  Yet, I'm finding myself a bit giddy about her going to school as well.

When she starts school, and with fate's good graces in Tim's job department, I'll be home all alone during the day!  Six hours of uninterrupted writing!  Ahhh, imagine all the work I'll be able to get completed each day.  I'll actually be ready to end the work day when school pick-up time rolls around.  I'm quite a bit excited for that prospect.

Now I just gotta wait 'til September gets here.  :-)

Anyway, I have to take her to school at noon, with a folder full of papers to prove who we are and where we live (even though 95% of the school employees know who I am and who my kids are, lol) to fill out page after page of paperwork while she takes her kindergarten assessment test.  The last time I did this was five years ago, right after she was born, with daughter #2.  At least this time I won't have a baby in a sling strapped to me while juggling everything else.

By the time the youngest is out of this school, I'll have been a parent of a student there for 13 years!  Wow!

Okay, that's enough rambling this morning.  I hear Tim pulling up from taking the big kids to school, and the little one will be awake soon toocount down the next few hours.  You have a fantastic Thursday and remember that the weekend is just around the corner.  I'll be daydreaming about five months from now.  ;-)


3 comments:

  1. She must be so excited!!! We've pretty much decided not to send Marissa next year....she won't be 5 until August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, she's super excited!

    That's probably a good idea for Marissa. My brother was an August baby and he should have been kept home another year. He struggled from the get go.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what an exciting day for her! I remember the dreaded paperwork well. Pages & pages of it.

    ReplyDelete