Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Character Dictionary & Twitter Backgrounds.

Good morning everyone.  How has your week been?  I've had a good one.  Tim started his new job yesterday.  He's working days this week for training(even though it's a job he's done for 16yrs, lol) and then next week he'll be on night shift--which is what he was hired for.  So this week I'm enjoying not having to keep the 5yr old quiet while he's sleeping all day.

I was asked earlier what I would do with my hours all alone today.  I've already started filling them cooking, cleaning, errands, laundry, and book work.  Not only that, but I've found an acceptable home for one of the puppies, and another couple has shown interest in one of the others.  With them eating solids, we go through a 50lb bag of dog food VERY quickly.

Nonetheless, my days are always full whether Tim is home or not.  I'll just have less distractions while he's at work and be able to get more done in the hours I'm given.  :-)

Speaking of work, last week I put the finishing touches on the Character Dictionary update on the website.  You can now see all of the characters in Time For Death at one glance.  I started it as an interesting addition to the website and people liked it.  I plan to update it for each and every future book, as well.

Speaking of Time For Death,  was approached yesterday by a podcast host who wants to do a book review on Time For Death for his show.  Woohoo!  Well, actually he wanted to do A Birth at Dawn, but didn't realize it was part of a series.  Then I suggested he do Time For Death since it's the new book and needs the publicity.  He agreed and that was that. 

I'm excited as this will be the first time any of my stuff has been on a podcast, that I know of anyway.  LOL.  I'll be sure to post the podcast link when/if it goes live.  :-)  Fingers crossed that he likes it as much as others have.

Okay, one more thing before I go.  In my time on the 'net I've met lots of super great people.  I'm always talking to talented people who are the kindest, most interesting folks.  That's the fun on socializing online!

During last week's author chat and goodie bag giveaway I met another person.  She came to chat with me and then ended up being the winner of the goodie bag the next morning.  After that I roamed around her website and discovered her talent for creating Twitter backgrounds.  I'd been meaning to have someone make me one for a while now, but never got around to it.

So I ordered one from her!  And it turned out awesome!  Stop by my Twitter page at http://www.twitter.com/christiesilvers to check it out.  And if you want one of your own, stop by Karlyn's page at http://www.karlyns.com/ .  She does great work and is more affordable that I've seen anywhere for such quality.  Oh, and she does other things aside from the Twitter backgrounds too.  She's is very talented and such a nice lady.

All right, that's it from me this morning.  I have to go get to work before the hours slip away from me.  I gotta make the best use of the few hours I have before school is over.  The days seem to fly by lately.

Have a great Wednesday and Happy Cinco de Mayo!



No comments:

Post a Comment