Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here I come, Turkey!

It has happened! I'm going to be an internationally published author next month! Yay! Though, considering my books are also available on Amazon UK and Amazon Germany, I may already be considered internationally published. LOL!

Anyway, this will be the first time my books are sold in a language other than English.

Yesterday I signed the contract with ARVO, a Turkish publishing house, for the translation rights to all five of my current novels. That's all three Alex & Fiona books and both current Liz Baker books. As the contract states, A Midnight Infatuation (Alex & Fiona, book 1) is due to be released in Turkey in July. All the books will be translated and have brand new covers to suit the Turkish readers. Even though I won't be able to read a single word of it, I'm excited to see the books in their Turkish forms.

This foreign rights stuff is all new to me, so I was a bit anxious at first. However, after speaking with other authors who have worked with or currently are working with ARVO I decided to just jump in and go for it. To quote Nike, sometimes we have to Just Do It! So I did. Fingers crossed for success and happiness to come.

If all works out, they may want future books when the time comes. We'll have to wait and see how it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment