Thursday, July 28, 2011

Digital Autographs

There has been much discussion over the years about how an author can't autograph an e-book. Many technically savvy people have thrown around ideas and programs from time to time in an attempt to remedy this problem, but this is the first time I've seen one that I like the looks of.

Yesterday I discovered Kindlegraph. This is a site where people can search for the books they like, send the author an autograph request, and the receive the autograph directly to their Kindle. It's quite interesting.

It only took a few minutes for me to add all of my available books to the site, and now anyone can request a digital autograph for their copies. I've already sent a few and look forward to sending more.

You simply log in using your Twitter account, update your account information to include your Kindle's e-mail address (there are instructions for that), and then start requesting digital autographs. I've heard that some people are making separate folders in their Kindles just for all the autographs they're collecting.

All in all, I find this website intriguing and quite useful. I'll be sharing the link with everyone who stops by my table at Book 'Em NC in February as well. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment