Sunday, January 8, 2012

Holidays, 2012, Learner's Permits

I survived.

"What did you survive?" you may ask.

Well, I survived the holidays, my oldest daughter's 15th birthday, New Year's, illnesses, and even the teenager getting her learner's permit! Eek!

The holidays were a rush of my teen in my cousin's wedding, my mother's birthday, FIL in the hospital, hosting Christmas Eve, hosting Christmas Day, hosting the teen's 15th birthday, celebrating New Year's Eve, kids being home from school for two solid weeks, and then dealing with colds, ear infections, sinus infections, and being sick myself. Lastly, I took the teen on January 3rd, 2012 and she successfully passed the test to gain her learner's permit to drive.

So yes, I say... I survived!! Woohoo! I can't believe it's all finally over. Well, almost over. A week from today is my youngest daughter's 7th birthday. After that it's smooth sailing until April.

Yeah, yeah, smooth sailing... Bwahaha! I girl can be delusional at times, can't she?

I have a busy 2012 planned, but then again, aren't all my years busy? ;) I'll be attending the Book 'Em NC conference in a short 47 days from today. I have three stories to write and put out in 2012. Lots of home projects, including the addition of goats to our family in the spring. And all the normal work, family, friends stuff that I enjoy throughout the year. :)

Celebrating the new year is more than just saying "Hooray" when the clock strikes midnight. It's a celebration of surviving another year with my sanity intact (at least the majority of it anyway) and being able to enjoy the fresh start that each January 1st allows us.

Happy New Year to all of you! I wish you a happy and prosperous 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment