Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vacation? Was that vacation?

I made it.  I'm home from a week vacation.  Now I'm wondering if that was a vacation after all.  Why is it we come home more exhausted than before we left?  Eek! 

We had a great time.  Loads of tanning, swimming, bike riding, walking trails, and a little bit of relaxing.  I was hoping for a whole lot more relaxing, but what can you do when you have kids and a husband who think vacation means go-go-go?

I did manage to click a good many nature pictures to inspire me for the next Liz Baker book, which I'm anxious to jump into ASAP.

Before we'd even started vacation--I hadn't even checked us into the campground yet--I twisted my left foot and ankle, went down on my right knee, and set the entire mood for my week.  Ouch!  It's been over a week and I'm still healing from that mishap.  I hobbled around all week, but didn't let it stop me, and I have a nice tan to prove it!  :D

As much fun as we had, I was extremely glad to make it home Saturday afternoon.  I spent the rest of that day and Sunday doing laundry. A week of no washer with five people = OMG look at that laundry!!

Now that I've recovered from vacation I'm looking forward to getting back to work, getting the kids prepared for a new school year, and going to New Orleans for the Undead Con and Anne Rice Wolf Gift Ball.  Woohoo!  :)


*Pic at top is me and my 15yr old. Pic above is from the Smoky Mountains National Park*



No comments:

Post a Comment