Sunday, November 1, 2015

NaNoWriMo has arrived, again!

Here it is, ladies and gents! National Novel Writing Month has arrived yet again. Every year thousands of authors, would-be authors, and interested parties join the masses in an attempt to crank out at least 50,000 words in only 30 days. They don't have to be good words, nor do they have to ever see the light of day, but you are supposed to have 50,000 of them before December 1st rears its ugly head.

Even with everything going on in my life right now (i.e. Cancer Sucks!!), I have great intentions to make that 50K mark by the end of the month. I've done it several times over the years and I know I can do it again. Not to mention, I really need to get this novel's first draft done before the end of the year. It's driving me crazy that I haven't been able to finish it already and I refuse to let 2015 go by without a finished book under my metaphorical belt (I rarely wear belts).

If you're on NaNoWriMo and would like to connect, here's my page link: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/christiesilvers

Feel free to add me as a friend & maybe we can keep each other cheered on. Though it's unlikely you'll hear much cheering while everyone is banging their heads on keyboards trying to remember what a sentence is.

My WIP for this month is Bloody Sorrow (tentatively titled), and is the first book in the new series I'm working on. I'm not very far into it so adding another 50,000 words will definitely help the situation... A LOT!

Fingers crossed & high fives to everyone participating. Remember that there are no losers when you're actually writing. And that's what this month is all about... writing 'til your fingers bleed and your brain has turned to mush. LOL.  Oh, and you only need 1,667 words a day to reach the 50K mark. I know you can do it!


P.S. I adjusted the word count bar on the right of the page to reflect the words I've already written and added them to the 50K I have left to write.   ------->>>>


No comments:

Post a Comment