Monday, July 16, 2007

Back from vacation!

I am officially back from vacation. We made it home Saturday (the 14th) evening, but I've still been in vacation mode since then. Today is the start of a new week and I am now back!

We had a fantastic week on Tybee Island and we all have the tan lines to prove it. LOL! We had rainy weather on the first day, but once that passed there was a gorgeous rainbow over the ocean and the rest of our week was perfect. I drank far too many alcoholic beverages, ate too many pounds of fresh seafood and spent too much money, but it was FUN!

We played in the ocean every single day, except for one. On that day we roamed around nearby Savannah, checked out the big mall, did some shopping and just spent the day out and about. By the time we made it back to the condo we were all too tired to go to the 102 degree beach.

On our very last night there, Tim & I went down to the beach alone (We brough mom with us & she babysat several times for us) to frolick in the waves before heading home the next morning. We were having a great time when suddenly I felt a poke/sting on my left leg. I reached down into the water and sort of swatted/rubbed the area and then I was attacked by a nasty little jellyfish on my hand and all over the top of my left foot.

We rushed back to the shore and then went as fast as we could to the condo, before my foot went completely numb. We made it back in the nick of time. My foot and hand swelled, stung, burned and just downright HURT for about two days and then it was over. I still have red marks on my hand and foot from where the tenticles touched me, but there's no more pain or anything. At least we know that I'm, apparently, not allergic to jellyfish stings. LOL!

Other than the jellyfish, the only problem I had on vacation was that my curly hair did NOT enjoy the island's humidity. Most of the pictures of me will show enormous, frizzy hair sprouting from my head. LOL! My husband wants to move there. I'd never have decent hair if we did. LOL!

Ok I better go for now. My girls are fighting. Only 3 more weeks until school starts, only 3 more weeks until school starts, only 3 more weeks until school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment