Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back into the swing of things.

Ah, yes, I am back to my normal self again. Vacation mode is slowly slipping away and the normal, busy, Christie is reappearing. Last night I managed to submit an article to AC......I haven't published anything since July 1st with them.....and tonight I just completed Chapter 16 of my book. I'll be finished before we know it.

My husband is constantly complaining about my late nights, but what he doesn't realize is that with the big girls home from school for summer vacation there isn't one ounce of peace and quiet from the moment they wake up until the moment they go to bed. That's why most of book writing doesn't even begin until the oldest goes to bed at 10pm. Which in turn causes me to stay up until about 1am, depending upon how long the chapter is that I'm working and how well it flows out of my fingertips onto the computer screen.

Tonight I started writing at 10:15pm, wrote for an hour, took a little break for a snack that I shouldn't have eaten and then just finished up the chapter about 5 mins ago. I still have an hour before my "normal" bedtime of 1am. I could start the next chapter, but I have this thing about starting one and not finishing it in the same sitting. Once I begin I MUST see that chapter through to the end before I can stop the process. My snack break was more of a thinking moment. LOL!

I am hoping to have all of the chapters completed by the time the girls go back to school. Otherwise, I will have a VERY hard time getting up early in the mornings to get them ready and drive them to school every day.

I hope that everyone has a nice evening (if you aren't already asleep) and wake up feeling rested and refreshed in the morning. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment