Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Power outage...

WOW! This morning my power went out. I didn't think much of it since it seems to happen on occassion when we have rough weather. Well, normally the power will blink and then go out, but today it just went BAM and everything went dark.

Turns out that a power pole at the end of my driveway had blow the top off and was hanging by the powerlines, and it was smoking! Eek! Because of that, the power was out for almost 2 hrs and then 4 giant power trucks were piled up in my driveway for another 3 hours.

They were blocking my exit when it came time for me to go pick my older girls up at school. Luckily, when I questioned them on how much longer it would take, they assured me that they were finishing up and would move out of my way immediately. Five minutes later they were leaving.

On top of all that, it was COLD here in GA today. Our high for today occurred sometime while I was still asleep in bed last night. LOL. It has been cold all day. Luckily, I have a nice fire going in the fireplace and the house is cozy and warm. Will spring be her soon? I'm not a winter person. LOL.

Ok, I'm off for now. I'll be back tomorrow with my Thursday Thirteen. Just like last week, I have no idea what the theme will be, but there will be one when tomorrow rolls around. Have a nice evening!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend,

    Sounds like you had an interesting day....Glad they got the heat back on for you...

    Your Friend,
    Marla (Indiana)

    ReplyDelete