Friday, April 25, 2008

The end of the week is already here.

Welcome to Friday! I love Fridays. There's just something about the end of the week, but not quite the weekend yet. I run my errands and usually buy myself something small... nail polish, a treat, lunch, a new top... just something small.

This morning I even got to grocery shop ALONE. I haven't done that in... well, I guess since my oldest was born 11 yrs ago. LOL! That's bad. It was fun though. I got in and out in under 30mins. I was amazed! My youngest has decided that she doesn't like he grocery store any longer and she'll cry and scream the whole time while begging to "Leave NOW, Mommy!" So this morning she went to visit my grandmother instead. My grandmother spoils her, so who wouldn't prefer that over the grocery store? LOL.

It's another lovely day here in north Georgia. The sun is out, the birds are singing, there's a light breeze and the temps are comfortable. I had to run by the post office to ship off an autographed book ($25 to Denmark, geez!), and it turned out that the mail lady behind the counter was very intrigued by my books and asked me to bring her an autographed copy the next time I come in. There just so happen to be another lady in there at the time who was excited to meet a local author. The enthusiasm is funny because some people are very shocked to find out that there is a writer in their area. I was very mad at myself for only bringing my wallet in and not having any business cards with me. I remedied that as soon as I came home though. LOL. I keep them in my purse at all times, but today I just left my purse behind. Oh well.

Tim had to work today. His company is doing inventory and everyone knows how that sucks. He was not looking forward to it. Luckily, we'll have a good time tomorrow. We will be gong down to Atlanta for th Georgia Renaissance Festival! I love it! The first time I went, I was in 9th grade and it was a class trip with my Honors English class. I had a blast and even came home with a painted tattoo. My parents weren't amused. *giggle*

So fast forward to over a decade later when I'm trying to convince my husband, yet again, that he might actually enjoy the festival. He finally gives in (I find out later that he only gave in because his guy friend from work told him it was fun *roll eyes*) and we go. He had as much fun as I did. LOL! That was three years ago. Men!

Speaking of Tim, he's always trying to convince me that I should buy one of those cleavage-showing, corset-style, wench dresses from the festival. I think they are very pretty, but I can't see spending that kind of money on something that he just wants to see in the bedroom. LOL. Well, I could wear it for Halloween too. But geez, that's just not enough usage for that kind of money. Maybe I'll just have my picture made in one for him to enjoy. ;-)

Wow, I think this has been one of my longest entries in a very long time. I hope I didn't bore anyone to death. :-D Before I go, I want to remind everyone that my Spring Give-Away will end on the 30th. So if you haven't sent in your entry, do it so very soon!

Have a great Friday and a woderful weekend. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment