Sunday, October 25, 2009

Only 1 Week Away


Morning folks.  How has your weekend been?  It has been a peaceful, quiet weekend around here.  The sun keeps fluttering in and out of the clouds.  We'll get glimpses of bright loveliness and then it's gone again.

Yesterday was spent here at home.  Mom brought the kids home around 11 a.m. that day.  Then the girls and I spent the day baking, cleaning, watching movies, playing outside, and just hanging out. 

Tim's been dealing with some sort of stomach issue for the last couple of days.  I had him piled up in bed yesterday.  He's as bad (or worse) than the children when it comes to being sick.  He whines and pouts and complains.  That's mainly why I shoved him into the bedroom and out of my way.  LOL!

I received more good words about Time For Death yesterday.  "...you drive the reader in a tense manner in a huge way..."  I absoutely LOVE hearing things like that.  She went on about certain book details that she likes (that I won't post here), and then I got this, "You are an amazing novelist!!!"  Awwwwww!  I love you too!

I have no real plans for today.  Tim's still not feeling well, so it'll be another at-home day.  That's okay though, I may just go get some pumpkins and let the kids carve them.  I'm actually enjoying these peaceful days before the storm of November arrives.  Today marks exactly 1 week until NaNoWriMo begins.  I'm definitely ready to get started on book 2 of my Liz Baker series.  Hell, I already have notes for book 3, too.

Once the contest starts I'll add a word count graphic to the blog.  You'll be able to see how many words I have done and how much closer I am to the 50,000 word goal.  This is my third year doing the contest, and I reached goal early for both previous years.  Hopefully I can again this year.

A Birth at Dawn was the book I wrote during NaNoWriMo 2007.  Then in 2008, I wrote the first draft of Time For Death.  This year's book will be Time For Battle (unless I change the title). 

Okay, I'm off.  Have a good Sunday!




*Photo: Taken by me Oct. 2008.*

1 comment: