Friday, October 23, 2009

A rainy Friday for me today.


Good afternoon!  It's Friday, woohoo!  Time for the weekend to begin.  What do you have planned for the weekend?  Anything fun and/or exciting?

Since next weekend is Halloween, and the kids will be having a party on Friday and our trick-or-treating on Saturday, and it's suppose to be the weekend my mom takes the kids, they all decided they'd rather do it today.  So, for 2 weeks in a row, the kids are going to Mom's for the night.  Tim & I will get an alone night tonight, and we won't even ahve to drive 12 hrs for it.  LOL!

Today started out as a cloudy & windy morning.  Leaves were flying off the trees and the temperature was just enough that we opened three windows in the house.  Then around 10am the rain finally started coming down.  Now it's wet, windy, and dreary.  However, I am extremely grateful for all the sunshine we had this week.  I hope it comes back for next week.

I don't have anything planned for this evening like we usually do on kid-free nights.  We've planned our in-door dinner (no grilling in the rain) and will probably watch a Netflix movie, but other than that I've got nothing planned.  Should be nice & quiet, so we'll just see where it leads.  ;-)

On another note, the pup we were thinking about adopting won't be happening.  It was a chihuaha pup, about 6 weeks old, from an unwanted, un-papered litter.  Unfortunately, the owners were just letting the pups run around outside and the one we wanted simply disappeared.  I'm hoping that the little one was at least taken in by a loving family who will enjoy and pamper it. 

Tim and the 4 year old are completely disappointed.  They'd finally gotten me to agree to bring the pup home, got their hopes up, contemplated names, and then I had to break it to them that the pup was no more.  :-(  I actually think Tim is taking it harder than the 4 year old too.  He keeps telling me to go buy one from a seller (this one was a freebie), but I'm not buying one when our money is better spent elsewhere.  He'll get over it, eventually.

On a completely unrelated subject:

Congratulations to my friend Jami!!!  She's now expecting baby #5 in June 2010.  I hope all goes well and she has a happy & healthy pregnancy and baby.  Now we wait to see if it's a boy or girl and which side will be outnumbered--she currently has 2 girls & 2 boys.

That's it from me for now.  Off to finish up my laundry and listen to the rain.  Have a good Friday and a fabulous weekend. 



*Tag Above: Another Mis-Made product*

No comments:

Post a Comment