Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #2:Cover your mouth please.

Good morning all.  The weekend is nearly here.  You're almost at the finish line... for this week anyway.  :-)

I'm happy to announce that Time for Death has been sent off to my five wonderful beta readers.  I'm both excited and nervous that it's out there and others are looking at it.  Hopefully they'll like it.  :-)

Today is an off day for me.  I battled that headache all day yesterday, yet worked right through and didn't slow down.  Tim suggested that it was from staring at the computer screen so much this week.  It could very well, but work had to be done and I was determined to get it done.  Soooo, today I'm taking the day off from working.

We're going to go do our weekly grocery shopping trip after we take the kids to school this morning.  Then back home, and maybe I can get a neck massage from the man.  ;-)  I might claim a few articles to write about next week, but I haven't decided yet.

One more day until we head up to Charlotte, NC.  Tim's so excited.  We'll get our bag (1 bag, 1 bag!  Only 1 bag when it's the two of us!) packed tomorrow and then we're heading out at 8am Saturday.  My mom will have the kids all day Saturday and most of Sunday, until we get home.

Oh yes, it's time for Thursday Thoughts.

Cover Your Mouth Please

So I was sitting in my van, in the pick-up line at our middle daughter's school the other day.  I was working on book pages, but the car in front of me caught my attention.  Well, it's really hard not to notice someone hacking up a lung.

This woman in front of me was sitting in her car just coughing and coughing and coughing.  At first I just waved it off and went back to my work.  However, after constant coughing, it was becoming an annoyance. 

I put the papers down and just watched.  Cough, cough, cough.  No, I couldn't have just seen that.  Cough, cough, cough.  OMG! I did just see that!

The woman didn't cover her mouth at one single cough.  Not only that, but she had a small child climbing around the car and in her lap.  Germs, anyone?

Fine.  If you want to spread your germs throughout your vehicle and spray your own kids down with them, so be it.  But in this day of H1N1 panic, and the fact that she was technically in a public place (all of our car windows were open), for goodness sake cover your mouth! 

I don't want your germs.  I don't want my kids to get your germs.  I certainly don't want my kids picking up your germs from your kids and bringing them home to my 4 yr old. 

Please people, cover your mouth and wash your hands.  It only takes a moment to do either/both.

That's it for me this morning.  I'm off to get dressed for the day.  Have a good one, and keep an eye out for the weekend.  :-)


3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your day off & the coming weekend away. That sounds so nice.

    I know I have been guilty of coughing without covering my mouth. But, not if I'm sick, or around people. People still don't seem concerned with how their world affects other people. Unless it effects their own little bubble... it is of no concern to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all carry jerm killing creams and wipes in our pockets, one truly has to do everything they can to keep their families safe...

    I also want to let you know, Christie, that I have been having a blast playing on the site...your blog is always a great read!!!

    Have fun and be safe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! :-)

    Robin, you know how I love my blog. Wish I could move it all over to the website, but I have a LOT of stuff here that would take forever to move.

    It'd be a hassle and a half. LOL.

    ReplyDelete