Saturday, October 17, 2009

On our way to Charlotte, NC.


Good morning ladies & gents.  How is your weekend going?

Yesterday turned out to be a great day.  I had absolutely no plans for the day, and yet it turned out to be a busy day.  Tim and I spent the morning together and had a "nap" while the 4 year old enjoyed a showing of Dora & Diego.  LOL.

Afterwards I had a shower and then we went out for lunch.  Tim and the youngest wanted to hit the lunch buffet at Pizza Hut.  Luckily, they had a buy 1, get 1 free deal on it because I never come close to eating enough to justify the cost of a buffet.  I had a salad & 2 slices of pizza with a glass of ice water.  LOL.  Definitely not enough food to justify it.  I think the 4 year old ate more than I did... and her's was child's price.  LOL!

Oh, and I got bombarded by questions about my books.  This was the first time that I've been eating and had someone come to my table to ask me about my work.  I was chewing on a carrot stick from my salad at the time.  Not too sure I liked that, but at least an entire restaurant of people were introduced to me when the manager shouted to her employees that she was right and, "She IS an author!"  I seriously hope that I don't have to start going out in full make-up all the time now.  LOL!

I gave her my card and wrote the titles to my Alex & Fiona books on the back for her.  You never know when you'll discover a new reader (or when they discover you!).  ;-)

After that we went to a feed store to pick up cedar chips for the dog's house, since cooler temps are on the way for this weekend.  We also picked up a new chew bone for her.  That dog loves her chew bones.

The rest of yesterday went fairly routine:  pick-up time, dinner, laundry, packing for today!

In about an hour we'll be on the road and heading north to Charlotte, NC.  Tim wanted to go up yesterday, but that wasn't possible.  He wished the week, days, nights away until we finally arrived to this morning.  We'll be on the road for 6 hours, then we'll check into our hotel, rest for about half an hour, and then head to the track for all the pre-race stuff, shops, attractions, etc.

I won't be taking the laptop with me this trip, so I'll "see" you wonderful blog readers on Monday.  We'll be home Sunday evening (just in time to feed, bath, and send the kids off to bed), but I won't be posting a new entry until Monday.

For my Facebook friends, I'll turn my phone notifications back on for the weekend, so you'll be able to get in touch with me if you need to.  :-)

Oh, one last thing before I go:  I've heard from two out of my five beta readers and the response has been great!  So far Time for Death is a hit (on this small level, LOL).  It makes me so happy that they're enjoying the story.  I'm looking forward to starting the next story on November 1st, and going more in-depth into the life and times of Liz Baker.  :-)

Okay, I'm out.  I need to feed the brats a quick breakfast and get everyone loaded into the van before Tim goes into cardiac arrest because we haven't left yet.  LOL.  Poor boy.

Have a great weekend!



*Image: Taken by me; October 2007; Our first trip to Charlotte.*

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

    Please come by my blog, I've given you an award.

    http://ourfullnest.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete