Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #3: I need a money tree.

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.  How's it going?  I'm a bit later than usual today.  Lots of errands, bill paying, house cleaning, etc. going on today.

Funny how a week without "work" can be more work than if I'd worked.  LOL!

So today's Thursday Thoughts issue is about schools, and money.

I expect it when school first starts, and it always happens.  All sorts of papers set home asking for money for this, or that, or some future field trip, paper towels, hand sanitizer, etc.  I usually do good at gathering a nice bag of classroom supplies for each of the kids to take the first day.  But then you get the not-so-random letters or $2, $5, $15, week after week after week.  If it's not one of the girls, it's the other, or both!

Not only that but I don't carry a lot of cash around.  All of my purchases and bills are paid with my bank card or the random handwritten check (doesn't happen too often).  I pay most of the bills online too.  So when the kids come home asking for cash, it's a huge ordeal.

Next time I'll just go out back and pick some off of my imaginary money tree.  Oh wait, I don't have one!  Sheesh!

I really don't mind giving money to the school for supplies, trips, etc., but it gets really old when it happens continously throughout the entire year.  Just ask for it all upfront so I can get it over with and not deal with it the rest of the year.

I'm done for today.  I'm in a frustrated, annoyed mood today, and even though I bought myself a new pair of jeans today, I'm feeling a little neglected.  Plus I haven't written anything (aside from the blog, facebook, twitter) lately and it alway throws my mood off.

Anyway, have a good day and I'll hope for a lift in my mood.  :-)


2 comments:

  1. Yep, know what you mean. It does get a bit expensive at times and I only have one child! As for the money tree, wouldn't mind one myself!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up, my dear! Sometimes those moods hit me, too. It's easy when you feel bombarded....I'm so glad my "baby" is getting ready to go to college...so I don't have to deal with the schools anymore.

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete