Sunday, November 22, 2009

Furniture & dinner rolls up to my elbows.

Good afternoon to you all.  It has been a rainy, yet very productive Sunday around here.  Tim woke up with a headache so we stayed home instead of visiting with his parents (which is perfectly fine with me).  However, I'm not the kind of person who will just sit around all day.

I had the girls doing chores while I started in on the living room.  We spent half the day emptying the room out, cleaning everything, and then rearranging everything as we put it all back into the room.  There is a whole new layout now.  Not too sure if I like it yet, but it'll do for now.

In the meantime, I've had the breadmachine doing its thing all day.  As of right now, I've made three batches of dinner rolls.  One will go with our dinner tonight (stew) and the other two will go into the freezer for Thanksgiving Day.  Yum!  It's quite difficult keeping the kids away from them when I want to build up a freezer stash.  LOL.

Right now it's just after 3:30pm.  This weekend has gone by super fast, but it has been very productive and a lot of fun.  The rain and darkness makes me want to turn on Christmas music, light some good smelling candles, and wrap presents in the living room floor.  Too bad we don't put our tree up until Thanksgiving night.  :-)

I'm waiting on the last batch of rolls to finish rising and then I'll start dinner.  In the meantime, I'm going to get some novel writing done and hopefully get closer to catching up my word count for NaNo.  The month is nearly over, but I've got a fresh set of plot ideas to finish the rest of my word count out with. The story won't be finished (very few ever are at only 50K), but I will reach word count.  :-)

I hope you're having a lovely Sunday and ready for a new week.  Those of you in the U.S. will be enjoying a short week, too!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Nuts! I just realized that I forgot to share the one thing I wanted for a holiday gift in today's entry. Sheesh!

    So here it is.

    I would love to have many "things", but the one gift I want is easy and cheap...

    Just one day with my kids and husband to laugh, play, sit by a buring fire, roast indoor marshmellows, drinking hot cocoa, without any arguments, screaming children, that feeling of annoyance that can bubble to the surface when no one is listening....

    Just a beautiful, peaceful day to enjoy my babies and my man. That's all I ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you ask for should be easy to get if you tell them all that is what you want. After all, when mommy is happy, everyone's happy ... if mommy isn't happy .. nobody is happy...

    We've decided due to work schedules, we'll have our big meal on either Friday or Saturday. Works for us, so that will be all that matters.

    ReplyDelete