Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #5: I love the holidays.

Good morning (almost afternoon) everyone!  How is your Thursday going?  Mine has been smooth going thus far.  Tim took the kids to school, the youngest & I stayed home to have some breakfast.  I cleaned and straightened out desk.  Started running scans and clean-ups in the desktop computer.  Then at 9 a.m. we went to town.

Tim was complaining that he needed a new chain for his chainsaw in order to cut firewood for the winter (we need something to put in the fireplace. Sheesh!).  So now he has TWO new ones, and absolutely no excises not to get out there ASAP.  LOL.

As you can tell by the title, today's Thursday Thoughts are about the holidays.  I love the holidays.  I adore the lights, decorations, the excitment in our girls' eyes.  I like to decorate, rearrange the furniture to make our gigantic tree fit in front of the bay windows.  I even enjoy the gift shopping!  Well, I prefer doing it online, but that doesn't mean it's not fun.  :-D

My sister was asking me what I want for Christmas from her this year.  I've been teasing that I need someone to buy a new Kindle, but I'd never really want anyone to spend that much on me for Christmas.  Soooo, I decided to just ask for Amazon gift certificates from all my gift-giving friends and family that are online.  At least that way they can help make a dent in the price and I'll happily cover the rest.  Plus that makes it easier for them to "figure out" what to buy me.

Apparently I'm very hard to shop for.... or though I've been told.  ;-)  Now what do I tell Tim to get me?  LOL!

I still have a bunch of gifts to buy, but I'll be taking care of most of them next week when it's payday on AC.  I have a very nice bonus coming from them that'll take care of about 90% of the gifts I have left to buy.  Woohoo!

I love the holidays!

Okay, I'm off.  I need to make some notes about chapter 3 in the new novel so I can start on today's NaNo word count.

Have a fabulous Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment