Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wanna Know Wednesday #42

Since it's the day before Thanksgiving, I figured it'd be a good day to share some of our favorite Thanksgiving Day foods.  I was busy this morning making sure that everything on my end was ready for tomorrow.  Normally I'd be hosting the holiday, but my little sister wanted to do it, and who was I to complain?  LOL. 

We have a small family (only 9, and 5 of them are in my house, LOL), but we always fix enough food to eat on for days.  LOL.  Here is our menu list for tomorrow.

  1. Roasted Turkey
  2. Mashed Potatoes
  3. Gravy
  4. Dressing
  5. Cranberry Sauce
  6. Deviled Eggs
  7. Homemade Rolls
  8. Green Beans
  9. Jello Pie
  10. Pecan Pie

I'm sure there'll be more, but I can't think of them right now.  LOL.  There's always such a spread that we eat lunch, and then everyone takes home enough to eat laterfor dinner.  When I host, there's also enough for the five of us to eat on the next day too.  It's a lot of food!  But it's a lot of fun.

Today has turned out to be a better day than yesterday was.  The sun is even shining!  I woke up with the 4 yr old cuddle up next to me because she was cold.  She hasn't done that in months.  We made breakfast before Tim went to work with his dad and the girls and I went shopping.

I had to pick up some things that I need for tomorrow and next week, cause I'm not leaving the house during the Black Friday craziness if I can help it.  LOL.  When we got home I made a dozen deviled eggs and one Jello pie.  Then we had lunch and sat down to watch a dvd.  I like it when the girls are engrossed in a movie and I can do whatever without interruption.  :-)

Right now they're watching Hoodwinked and I'm writing this.  When I get off here I'll get to work on today's NaNo word count before Tim gets home.

Tomorrow we'll go to lunch at my sister's and then back here to put up the Christmas tree and wrap gifts.  It'll be nice.  :-)

All right, that's it. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.  I'll be back tomorrow (when I have time) to talk about what we're thankful for.  Lots of love to you all!  *Smooches*


No comments:

Post a Comment