Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wanna Know Wednesday #45

Good morning.  Well, I was wrong yesterday.  Tim didn't receive his shipping confirmation last night for the gift he bought me.  And he's frantic.  Poor guy.  This probably wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for the fact that this is the first time, in the 15 years we've been married, that he's chosen a gift for me that I didn't pick out myself.  Usually I literally walk up to something, pick up, hand it to him and say, "Buy this."

Of course I did have to give him ideas, and point out some items I like in the stores, but he actually went online and bought it one evening while I was in the shower.  He came into the bathroom gloating that he'd done it and I don't know what it is.  LOL!  I love surprises like that.  :-)

Since the man barely knows how to do more than just check his e-mail a couple times a week, I had to sit down last night and find out what the problem was with his order.  Making sure not to look at anything more than just the order number, I contacted Zales for him.  Turns out he's ordered something "Special" so it takes a little longer to ship out.  However, Zales has a guarantee right now that if you ordered before today, the package WILL arrive before Christmas; that's the only reason he ordered it online.

So now he's a little calmer; I've informed him that he's too high strung; and maybe he'll stop worrying about it.  Geez, it's not like it won't get here eventually.  LOL!  There are still plenty of shipping days before Christmas. 

Anyway, hopefully his gift will arrive so that he'll feel better about it.  I can't wait to see what this "Special" item is that he's getting so worked up about.  :-)

Okay, it's Wanna Know Wednesday, again.  Only seven more weeks and then this series will be retired.  Some Wednesdays I just don't know what to list.  This week included.  LOL. 

10 Things I Plan to Do During the Rest of the Month
  1. Watch the last of the holiday cartoons I enjoy.
  2. Host my online Christmas party tomorrow.
  3. Finish up the December-Twitter giveaway next week (have you entered?).
  4. Go to my oldest daughter's first Quiz Bowl meet (tonight).
  5. Cook, cook, cook!  Lots of that next week.
  6. Have a 13th birthday party for my oldest (her b-day is the 30th).
  7. Plan a 5th birthday party for the youngest (her b-day is Jan. 15th).
  8. Clean house from one end to the other (while the kids are home to help).
  9. Try not to lose my sanity.
  10. Anything I can possibly do to stay busy, enjoy the holiday season, prepare for the new year, and try not to think about my manuscript sitting in the e-mail inbox of a New York editor.
Yep, that's about it.  I'll stay busy and have a good time.  One way or another!

Okay, I'm out.  The washing machine just stopped, so I need to throw in another load.  Keep your fingers crossed for the high-strung husband.  LOL!  Have a great day.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment