Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday Thoughts #16: My Man

Good morning everyone.  It's already turning out to be an interesting day.  As many of you know, we're currently down to one vehicle since my van is down for the count.  Tim's car is a very old Honda Accord that has definitely seen better days in its 254K miles of life.  Yes, it's OLD.  Well, we already had plans to put a new set of tires on the poor fellow in a few weeks.  Nonetheless, we woke up to a flat tire that absolutely refused to hold air.  THEN, when Tim pulled out the spare it was flat too.  Eek!

He managed to pump the spare up enough to take the big girls to school.  When he returned it took him calling eight different shops before he found a used tired to hold us over until we get the new set.  I had to pay more than I wanted to, but the car is drive-able again.  Boy, do I ever miss my van.  I'll be glad when it gets fixed (or replaced).

Since my man is he love of my life, scared me half to death the other week, and is my best friend, I've decided to dedicate today's Thursday Thoughts to my one and only.  Sure, I probably could've waited until Valentine's Day for this, but who cares?  It's my blog and I'll do what I want to! (Sung to "It's My Party").

My honey and I have been together since June 1993.  I was sixteen and working at the local McDonalds.  Even though we went to the same school, we didn't meet until he came in to order chicken nuggets and pestered me for too many packets of BBQ sauce.  LOL.  I didn't know who he was, nor that he was "technically" dating someone else at the time, but I mentioned to a mutual friend that I wanted to meet "the guy in the blue pick-up truck."

The funny part was when the mutual friend brought another guy with a blue truck to McDonalds the next day!  Oops!  Quickly, and quietly, I pulled him to the side and whispered that it was the wrong guy in a blue pick-up truck.  LOL!!!

It wasn't until the weekend rolled around, and all of us teenagers went to the next town over to the hang out spot that everyone called "The Horseshoe" that I saw Tim again.  We talked, rode around, flirted, and all that stuff teenagers did back then.  It turned out that his date for that night had stood him up.  Her lose!  :-)

We were married 10 months later.  <3

Here it is, coming up on our 16th anniversary and 17 yrs together, and I love that man more than I ever thought possible all those years ago, driving around in his blue pick-up truck.  When June rolls around we will have been together longer than we weren't together.  While our friends were marrying and divorcing, hooking up and breaking up, we were steady and happy.

We've created our life together, with our girls and home, but in the end it'll always be the two of us.  I can't imagine life without him by my side, but the other week I had to actually consider that one day we will be separated.  It scared me!

In the end, my honey may have a temper that I have to keep in check for him, he's as country as he can be, can completely piss me off at times, but he's MY man.  He loves me for me, does anything I ask him to do (even if he grumbles about it sometimes), and I hope he's by my side until we're both old and senile enough to not realize the other is missing when the time comes.

I love you, Tim!

Now that I'm done being all sappy and emotional, I'm off to start the day.  Have a great Thursday!  The weekend is just around the corner.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think your love for each other is amazing & wonderful! Wonder if it has something to do with the name Tim? :) I feel much like you do about my Tim. He most certainly is the love of my life & it seems everyday I find myself more in love than before. 11 years now... married for 10. It's been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete