Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I wasn't expecting that today.

Good afternoon everyone.  I've had one busy day so far, and I wasn't really expecting it to turn out that way.

First off, the oldest had an orthodontist appointment this morning. Tim took the big girls off to school with a light rain falling. As soon as daylight arrived the rain started mixing with snow. Within the next hour it was a full blown heavy snow falling, with flakes about the size of half dollars. They were huge!

By 9am the ground was covered.My phone started ringing... family members wondering about school, the oldest asking if she could go home with great-grandmother because said great-grandmother was there picking up a cousin, and others asking if I knew how much snow we were suppose to get. Then I got the call that schools were closing.

We were already dressed due to the upcoming orthodontist appointment, so we rushed off to pick up the middle daughter from elementary school and the oldest from great-grandmother's house. It was still an hour and a half until the ortho appointment though. We stopped by the pediatrician's office for my youngest daughter's vaccination records (their computers were down when we were there last week) for kindie sign up in a few weeks; went to the bank to make a deposit; and then with 45 minutes left we took the kids to spend 30 mins in the library.

Finally,we made it to the orthodontist's office and the oldest had her check-up.

After all that, everyone had grumbling tummies and we decided to eat lunch out.

NOW, we're home.  Whew!  I was planning on the ortho appointment, but not the rest.  The day certainly got away from me when snow showed up.  Of course, now the snow has stopped and everything that was on the ground has melted away.  And school wouldn't even be out yet if they hadn't called it off.  LOL.

Anyway, that's my craziness for the day.  Time for me to attempt to get some book work done (yeah right, with everyone home). Before I go, remember that my monthly newsletter goes out tomorrow. It has a fun announcement in it, especially for anyone who has been wanting to order any of my Alex & Fiona books but hasn't gotten around to it.  Be sure to sign up today so you don't miss it.  :-)

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment