Thursday, April 8, 2010

Whole days are missing!

Where have the days gone this week?  I can't believe it's already Thursday.  I remember posting Monday morning about Easter and then *BOOM* the days shot by like a cannon ball.

Let me see here.  It all started Monday afternoon when my sister told me about a job opening for Tim.  I found the company and e-mailed them his resume.  Within 20 minutes his phone rang and they wanted him to come in Tuesday morning at 9:30am for an interview.

I was giddy with excitement and hoped this would be the one for him.  However, we'd planned to take the children to the TN Aquarium Tuesday morning.  Luckily, with no real schedule time limits during Spring Break, it wouldn't be a problem to go a bit later.

Tuesday morning came and Tim headed out for his interview.  By 10am he was calling me to say he was on his way home.  All in all, he had the job in the bag until the discussed wages.  I find it appalling that companies will offer LESS than he draws from unemployment... and then STILL have taxes and insurance coming out of that.  We know how much he needs to make per hour--which is less than what he made at his last job--in order for him to support his family, and this job was not offering it.

So we were both disappointed, but moved on and took the kids to the aquarium (which was packed with more people than we expected).  The rest of the day was fine and fun.  We took the kids for ice cream & ran a few errands before coming home and whipping up some homemade pizzas for dinner.

Then yesterday...  We spent all day Wednesday at my sister's house because she had heating and air guys coming out to put a new unit in and she had to work.  She told me it'd be an hour or two...  Turned out to be 6 1/2 hours and we were still there when she got home from work.  LOL.  Oh well, so much for Wednesday.  The time was passed playing with her Wii.  Turns out I'm a pro bowler!  At least in the Wii world.  ;-)

Today.  Today is Thursday.  I can't believe it's Thursday, but it is.  I have two things planned for today:  1. pay the power bill, and 2. take the kids to the library.  That's it.  That's all.  Nothing else.  Now if that turns out to be all, well, that remains to be seen.

Before I go, the newsletter went out yesterday, and I hope everyone enjoyed it.  Just a reminder that my anniversary is tomorrow and so is the big e-book sale.  I hope you'll stop by and take advantage of it.  :-)

Have a good Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment