Friday, May 14, 2010

Writing outside.

Yay, it's Friday!  Unfortunately, it's suppose to be a rainy Friday.  Tim is on his way home right now, and after he gets a shower we have to go out with his dad.  Father-in-law has decided to update his will now that Mother-in-law is gone, and Tim needs to go with him to the lawyer's office to sign the papers to be beneficiary.  FIL knows that it'll be me taking care of all that mess when the time comes though.  LOL.

After all that is finished, I'll bring Tim back home to crash in bed for the day.  Poor guy is exhausted from his first week of night shift in over five years.  But, he'll get into the swing of things soon enough.

Since today is suppose to be rainy, I'm glad that I spent most of yesterday outside.  It was cool and comfy until well into the afternoon--when it became stiflingly hot--so I took the 5 year old and Rex the Super Pup outside.  They played while I sat in the shade and worked.  It was quite relaxing and productive all at the same time.

Sitting out in the brightness of a beautiful spring day made me think about the normality of night scenes in urban fantasy.  And in that, Ive decided that we need more battles in the daylight--unless a vampire is required for the scene, obviously.  Therefore, the last battle scene in Kill Me Next Week will be in the sunshine.  Yep, sunshine can be helpful when you need to kill an enemy, don't you think?

Obviously I'm not to the last battle scene in the story yet, but that's not to say I don't already know how it's going to play out.  As a matter of fact, I started writing A Midnight Infatuation knowing the ending and having to create a world where the characters could reach that ending.  Same goes for Time For Death.  The other two, well, not so much.  You never know how a story is going to play out until you begin it.

Speaking of characters, I guess I better get going.  Tim is about to pull up in the driveway and a very busy Friday is about to begin.  I hope you have a nice one.  :-)




*Photo: A beautiful blue, spring sky as viewed from my front porch yesterday.*

No comments:

Post a Comment