Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just two weeks away.

Two weeks from Friday I'll be heading out of town and toward Lumberton, North Carolina to attend the Book 'Em NC conference / book fair. I'm very excited--albeit ravaged by an army of butterflies--as this is my first out-of-state event.

Since it's quite a drive from my north Georgia home to Lumberton, NC, we'll be heading out Friday morning, even though the event isn't until Saturday. I'll make into town just in time to catch a short rest break in the hotel room before sprucing up and going to the Author Meet-and-Greet Friday evening. I can't wait to meet all the lovey people I've been chatting with online. Especially the lovely Trish and cheerful Katie. :)

Up above, I took a quick snapshot of the books and some of the goodies I'll be taking with me. Let me just tell you that it's a good thing the hubby is going with me because those books are HEAVY. He'll be doing all the heavy-lifting. :D

The red vase will be full of candies for anyone that stops by my table. I'll have bookmarks for all the Liz Baker books, business cards (with 2012 calendars on back), and whatever else I think to bring along. All in all, I'm expecting to have a lot of fun meeting new people and enjoying being at the conference.

Now if I could figure out how to listen to some of the lectures that interest me without leaving my table unattended. Alas, if only I'd learned to clone myself.

If you will be in the Lumberton, NC area on February 25th, please stop by the Robeson College for a day of books and the authors who wrote them. Attendance is free to the public!

For more information visit: http://www.bookemnc.org .



No comments:

Post a Comment