Monday, March 2, 2015

Book 'Em NC 2015 was a hit!

Before the doors opened to
the public. More pics on
Facebook.
Well, I did it! I made it home from my annual trip to Lumberton, NC for the Book 'Em NC Conference & Book Fair. There were more than 3,000 people in attendance, and my sales showed it. Yay!

Before I left, I was painfully close to running out of books. Eek! You might think that's a good thing, but it's actually very scary when you still have time to sell even more. I guess the only time you should run out is the last minute, right before the doors close. Now that would be perfect!

I met new friends, new readers, and excitedly caught up with old friends and fans. It was a lot of fun. I even did something I'd never done before.... a panel talk!  O...M...G. I thought I'd pass out from nerves before 2 P.M. arrived. Thankfully I didn't, and once I got in there and the discussion started the time flew by. I was shocked when the moderator said we only had 2 minutes left of our 45 minute session. And we actually went over by 5 minutes. The topic was "Creating Other Worlds" and I had a lot of fun answering both the moderator's questions and questions from the audience.

Overall, it was a great weekend, but I'm glad to be back home... until the next one.

I have two books planned for 2015, the first of which will be the start of a new series. I already have several notes and snippets written for this books, but now it's time to jump straight into the writing, feet first. Later in the year will be the 7th book in the Liz Baker series. I'm excited to see these two come to life and find homes with my fans/readers. I hope you'll enjoy the new series as much (or more) as the Liz series. I think it'll be a fun one to write.

Now I'll get back to putting my house in order after the kids had it to themselves for nearly three days. Ugh. And they claimed they cleaned, too.  Uh-huh, whatever you say. Teenagers! LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment