Thursday, December 22, 2016

Happy Holidays

Me & the BFF goofing off.
Happy holidays, everyone. I hope your holiday season is full of happiness, love, and extreme joy. Please, love the people around you. You never know when they won't be there.

This is the first Christmas without my mom and I've already been reflecting deeply on her passing. I miss her every day, but it's times like this I miss her even more. I saw a craft the other day on Pinterest and for a single split second I wondered if Mom still had Dad's wood burning kit. It only took a moment to realize what I'd done, but for that single flitting moment I'd forgotten she was gone. It isn't the first time either. One day I saw something and thought, I need to call Mom & tell her about that. Boy, that would have been one interesting roaming charge!

I've been through this so much in the past years that I know it gets easier. These moments will pass and I'll be left with happy memories. The pain will get easier, but I think it may take longer when it's your mom.

Last Saturday, I hosted a Friend-mas party with my BFF, her hubby & kids, my sister & her hubby, plus my hubby & our three, and two of their friends. My small house was filled to the brim, and it was soooo much fun.

We made a lasagna meal with salad and garlic bread, as well as three different desserts, but the main attraction was our big punch bowl full of ADULT PUNCH! Oh, my goodness it was sooooo good. My sister and I downed an entire bowl between us just while cooking before everyone arrived. It's a wonder the lasagna tasted as good as it did. LOL.

My sister & me. LOL!
Then I was "tipsy" texting my BFF telling her she was missing out and to hurry up and get over ASAP. LOL! We made two more bowls once the BFF arrived and the three of us downed those two together (the men were all DDs).
BFF playing with her Snapchat.


Overall, we had a great party. We laughed a lot and just enjoyed spending time together. My mom would have loved it. And in just a few days I'll have a peaceful Christmas Eve and Day with just the hubby and our girls. We'll open gifts, eat too much, and laugh together. It will be a nice ending to a difficult year.

Happy Holidays to you all! I hope you find happiness in the days that follow. I am grateful for each and every one of you reading this.



No comments:

Post a Comment