Friday, June 30, 2017

Liz Baker Series Book 7 Under Way

So, as many of you know, I'm currently working on the seventh book in my Liz Baker series. I just started this one so I'm still fleshing out the ideas and plot points, but I finally wrote that first sentence (and page), and I know where the first chapter is going. Woohoo!

I'm not much of a planner when it comes to my stories. I start with a general idea of what I want to say and where I want the characters to end up at, and then I fill in the blanks one page at a time. Sometimes the characters do what I plan for them to do, and then other times they scoff at my ideas and go wherever the hell they want to go whether I want them to or not. I tried planning out an entire book once, chapter by chapter, scene by scene, with the ending ready and waiting for me to get the words on paper. And then my characters had other plans...

Nothing I planned happened! The characters laughed at me, pointed and called me names as they moved about the story line at their own pace and did whatever they wanted to do. That's when I knew I wasn't a planner when it comes to my books. The characters won't allow it.

As for Liz Baker, I've had the opening to book 7 in my head since the end of book 6. I knew how I wanted it to begin, and all I had to do was get back to this series and start writing. It's the rest of the story I don't know yet. LOL!  Thankfully though, Liz is a strong-willed character and she will eventually show me the way of her world once more.

It's been a while since book 6 came out at the end of 2014. Eek! I didn't even realize it has been that long until I just typed that. Wow! I've had a crazy few years. Nonetheless, I've already released a new book and a short story this year, and Liz's new story is next up. I'm hoping (fingers crossed & powerful magic dust everywhere) this story will release in late August/early September. If it all works out, that will leave me just enough time to get to the second book in my Penny Montague series before 2017 is over.

Wish me luck & keep reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment