Monday, October 19, 2009

Time to start a new week.

Morning all.  *Yawn*  I'm tired this morning; would have definitely preferred a few more hours when that alarm clock went off.

Well, we made it back from Charlotte yesterday afternoon.  It was soooooo cold up there this year.  Usually when  go it's warm in the day and cool once the sun goes down and the race begins.  Not this year.  It was downright COLD during the daylight hours and freezing when the sun went down and the race began.

I was a frozen Christie-Pop!

I was shivering so hard and for so long that my entire body hurt when we left (which was before the race ended cause Tim couldn't take the cold anymore either).  We went back to the hotel and I took a 20 minute scalding hot shower... took that long for my legs to not feel cold to the touch.  When we got up the next morning both of us just ached.  We're both super sore.

Today I'm working on cleaning house and getting things in order for when November 1st rolls around and I need to focus all of my attention to NaNoWriMo.  I do this every year; lots of marathon cleaning, decluttering, holiday preparations, Christmas shopping, etc. just so that I don't have to worry about it in November.

I haven't uploaded our trip pictures just yet, but when I do I'll post them for you to see.  There aren't many since the camera battery died and the camera on my phone sucks on zoom.  Oh, and there's only one of me and it won't be seen.  I was freezing, pale, and it's an all around unflattering photo.  LOL.  Nope, it'll be deleted as soon as I get around to messing with the camera.  ;-)

Okay, I'm out for now.  More cleaning to do.  I started Christmas shopping a few weeks ago, but I still have lots to do.  Thank goodness for online shopping!  It's the only way to go.  :-)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment